Monday, May 25, 2009

well, i was turned down from SickSpits.  this was somewhat expected, but still comes as a disappointment.  i was actually thinking about emailing them this week to politely decline their invitation.  their implication that i should change my style to better fit the "hip hop roots" of spoken word was ridiculous - i don't need to change to fit a certain genre to feel accomplished as a poet and spoken word artist.

for now, i'll keep writing poetry just for myself, no one else.

i'm being stroked by a spaniard.  feels quite nice.  stop reading over my shoulder, robbie.

daddy's ghost behind you 
sleeping dog beside you 
you're a poem of mystery 
you're the prayer inside me 

spoken words like moonlight 
you're the voice that i like 

needlework & seedlings 
in the way you're walking 
to me from the timbers 
faded from the winter

No comments:

Post a Comment