Friday, May 15, 2009

hello all!  here marks my first venture into the word of blogger.  previously, i had my corner of the internet over at my livejournal but i figured since i don't know anyone on my friends list, and i only use that account to frivolously peruse communities, i might as well make a blog here where i can post "legit" writing.  read:  here is where i can be pretentious and talk about my own work like it's something worth talking about.  fun for everyone!

so, to mark the first post, i'd like to explain about the title of my blog:  the colour of love.  the quote (and image) comes from my favorite movie ever in the history of cinema, Disco Pigs.  It appeals to both my immense love of all things Irish and my immense love of Cillian Murphy's eyes.  Mmmm....

But, I digress.  The sweetest scene takes place in the movie where the two characters are holding hands through a hole they made in their wall.  (they live in side by side houses, and their rooms are side by side, and they fall asleep holding hands through the wall.  It's adorable.  Seriously.)

Runt:  What's the colour of love?
Pig: What sort of love, love?
Runt:  Dunno.  You know how things, they got a colour?  I wonder what the colour of love is...
Pig:  Jesus, Runt!  You could read a thousand textbooks and never know the answer to that quiz!
Runt:  It'd be a good one, though...

I don't know why I like it.  Never gave much thought to the deeper meaning, just that it filled me with a childlike happy.  The idea that love has a colour makes it tangible.  I think the colour of love is the swirling creamy brown that you see when you add soy milk to your coffee in the morning.  That's my love - sitting at Delta when it's still cool, having the first smoke of the day, sipping coffee.  Maybe if my love affair were with a person and not a restaurant the colour of love would be yellow, sunshine and warmth, or pink, skin flushed and sticky damp.  Maybe.  

What's your colour?

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment